Speedy Video is committed to providing its users with an online experience that respects and protects their personal privacy choices and concerns.
- We pledge to limit or eliminate any need for sensitive financial information by offering a 100% trust-based community.
- We pledge that we will not release personally identifiable information about you without your permission (except as needed to provide to you the services you have expressly requested, as explained in greater detail in the section on “third party relationships” below).
- We pledge that we will provide the means for you to manage and control the information that you have voluntarily provided to us.
- We pledge that we will provide mechanisms for you to communicate your privacy questions and concerns to us and that we will respond to them thoroughly and thoughtfully.
Personally identifiable information is information such as your name, birthdate, email address or mailing address that can be used to uniquely identify you.
Anonymous information is not personally identifiable information. Anonymous information is information about how you use our site (such as places visited and search queries performed). Anonymous information also includes the domain names and/or IP addresses (as explained in greater detail below) of browsers that visit our site, time of day the site was visited, and other non-personally identifiable information. Anonymous information is information that is not tied to any individual, but helps to characterize Speedy Video users.
Is My Information Shared with Anyone Else?
PLEASE NOTE: In certain special cases, we may disclose your personally identifiable information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you, or otherwise injuring or interfering with Speedy Video rights, property or operations, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We may also disclose your personally identifiable information when we believe the law requires it, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation, or civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case or administrative investigation.
We may also release account information where we believe in good faith that this release is reasonably necessary to comply with the law.
We may also disclose your information to third parties in connection with the sale, transfer or disposal of our business, provided that they continue to use your information substantially in accordance with the terms of this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
How is My Information Kept Safe?
We follow strict technical and organisation security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given us. This is to prevent the loss, unauthorised access or unlawful processing of your personal information. We keep your information confidential and store it on a secure server which is password protected, hidden behind a firewall from the outside world.
However, whilst we have used our best efforts to ensure the security of your data, please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet.
What are My Rights?
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to;
- request access to and obtain a copy of your personal information (Subject Access Request)
- rectification of your personal information if it is no longer accurate
- erasure of your personal information if our retention is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected-restrict or object to the processing of your personal information (in certain circumstances)
- data portability (if applicable)
How Long Will My Data be Retained?
We will keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we are processing your personal information unless the law permits or requires longer. For example, we might need to keep your personal data to assist with any warranties that may exist.
Speedy Video will not share any anonymous information about your use on our site if that information is or will be linked to your personally identifiable information unless we have given you notice and you have given us authorization to do so.
Speedy Video will not share any personally identifiable information about our users that is of medical, financial or sexual nature.
Speedy Video operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection. Speedy Video has security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your user data under our control.
Only authorized employees have access to the information you provide us. We impose strict rules on Speedy Video employees who have access either to the databases that store user information or to the servers that host our services. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we make every effort (such as the use of employee passwords and non-disclosure agreements) to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.